As you all know, I generally don’t recommend packet food for little people. This giveaway is sponsored by Sunrice, but the opinions written in here are mine and I haven’t been paid to write this.
As a parent, I’m struggling with the balance between healthy homemade food and convenience. It happens to the best of us. We are going away camping this week. I don’t foresee that I’ll be able to make as much homemade stuff as I do when we are here, so I’ve bought some snacks. One of those snacks is the Spooky Original Sunrise Brown Rice Mini bites (my kids had a big argument in the supermarket about which flavour to buy and I went original, but there is also Devilish Chicken, Scary Salt and Vinegar and Creepy cheese).
I’m also packing lots of fruit and yummy stuff in our yumboxes and taking our insulated drink bottles for the journey. Hopefully we will survive the long drive!
I also don’t buy chips. Now I know for a fact that I can’t make rice cakes without a factory that puffs the rice and turns it into the little cakes, so these are the only way my kids will be able to eat these. These rice cakes have no nasties and as rice cakes should be, they are gluten free. They only contain 1% of a childs daily allowance of sugar, 5% of your daily sodium intake and only 2.5 grams of fat. In fact, you’ll probably get more sodium from the cheddar cheese that inevitably gets eaten with them.
These are not an everyday food for us, but they are a convenience food for when it’s all too much or when there needs to be something else in the lunchbox and I just haven’t gotten anything. It’s going to be crazy this year, I’ll be packing 5 lunches a week for Miss 5 and 2 for Master 3. I’m also going to try to convince Mister Kidgredients to take a packed lunch a few days per week…wish me luck! So there’s going to be times when I need to make things a little easier.
As you know, I’m a great fan of the Yumbox, So Young lunch bags and also Thermos funtainers, so I jumped at an opportunity to present you with a giveaway that’s close to my heart, an Ultimate Lunch Box Pack from Sunrice.
So…we’ve got two of these wonderful packs valued at $170 to giveaway to make sure your Back To School experience is fun and easy for 2016.
Each pack contains:
- a supply of Sunrice Mini Bites to have on hand four different flavours: Devilish Chicken, Creepy Cheese, Spooky Original and Scary Salt and Vinegar.
- A genuine Thermos brand Funtainer vacuum insulated drink bottle (don’t forget to read about how awesome these are in my drink bottle review) to keep drinks fresh and cold longer
- Lunchskins reusable sandwich wrap
- Lunchskins reusable snack pack
- Spork n smile sporks 4 pack reusable spork set
- SoYoung insulated lunch bag
- Kids Konserve Reusable sandwich wrap
- Yumbox leakproof lunchbox (read about how great these are here)
- Best ever lunchbox cookbook
- Plus pen and cards to write lunchbox notes!All you have to do to enter is comment below saying which you think will be the favourite flavour in your house and what how this pack will make packing lunches easier for you in 25 words or less. The competition is a game of skill and is open from Tuesday 19/01/2016 until Saturday 23/01/2016 6pm Sydney time with the winners announced on Tuesday 26/01 in a blog post on this blog. All entrants must reside at an Australian address and be over 18 years of age.