A while ago my daughter (Miss 4) was given a sample of a rice bubble bar at Costco. It was yummy, she loved it and I bought a pack before really reading the packet properly. They were basically white puffed rice aka rice bubbles and sugar. I was a bit annoyed with myself for buying them. They became a constant treat and were desperately sought after. Then we ran out. These Not quite LCMs are a replacement for those!
Miss 4 and I had a conversation in which she told me she’d like me to try and make some because apparently “you always make things taste nicer Mummy”.
So here’s my attempt (and apparently they were the best ever). They still contain sweeteners, but that’s kind of essential, for gluing them together and also for taste.
"Not quite LCMs"
Not quite LCMs
- 4 cups puffed rice (I bought these from a health store- no sugar etc)
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup flaked quinoa
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- On the stove over medium heat combine the rice malt syrup, honey and coconut oil.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, mixing well to stir and combine all the bits from the bottom of the bowl.
- Press into a lined 24cm square baking dish.
- Refrigerate for three hours or until set.
- Cut into the sizes you want.
- Keep in the fridge.