You know, I love dinner time, but I find that some nights it’s a really hard slog. If we’ve got activities in the afternoon, then the easiest thing to do is put the slow cooker on and let it do its thing. But what to put on? And should you buy a slow cooker packet mix? Well, these dinners will get you sorted, no packet mix required! These 6 slow cooker dinners to take the NOT AGAIN! out of dinner time should get you out of your dinner rut.
- slow cooker moroccan lamb is an absolute favourite at our place. And the bonus? It really only needs some couscous and some steamed greens and you’re done! This freezes really well, gets the kids seal of approval and is so yummy you’ll want it for lunch the next day too.
- Pineapple pulled pork. Pulled pork is such a versatile thing once cooked that you’ll be thanking me for this one at dinner for tacos, at lunch for wraps, nachos, bread rolls, toasted sandwiches-basically any time you are wondering what you’ve got in the freezer, this one can rescue you. It’s also pretty good with a side of taco rice or a salad!
- Slow cooker lemongrass beef with noodles is the perfect slow cooker meal that ends up un-slowcookerish. Teamed with fresh zoodles and noodles, this is a taste sensation! An awesome veggie hit because anything turned into a noodle is apparently more yummy.
- Honey mustard chicken or lamb. This can be done quick or slow and is an awesome marinate mix that proves my theory that you don’t need slow cooker mixes to get flavours that are amazing in slow cooked meat.
- Sticky chicky. Gosh the good old sticky chicky is amazing and great to make in the afternoon at lunch time to be ready for dinner time. My kids adore this. Don’t be put off by the chilli, it’s sweet chilli and sweet it certainly is!
- Lemon and herb slow cooker chicken. If you want melt in your mouth chicken with a flavour that the kids will love that goes with all veggies and doesn’t take hours of energy from you, then this is an awesome meal for it. You can even use the leftover chicken the next night to create this awesome spanish chorizo rice.
What’s your family favourite slow cooker meal?