I’m enjoying the school holidays. There I said it. But truth be told, they have very little effect on us as both kids are in preschool, not yet in school. I’m enjoying the lack of swimming lessons (and the running back inside the house over 500 hundred times for goggles, towel, cossie, undies etc on the way out the door) I’m also enjoying how quickly I can get the kids to preschool- no traffic, extra parking etc.
And today we enjoyed going to the movies- there are heaps more sessions on during the day when it’s school holidays. Another thing I’m really enjoying is the extra time it affords us to do activities together as we aren’t rushing off somewhere urgently all the time.
Today, Miss 4 and I took the time to start using her KiddiKutter that we bought on the weekend and make some yummy muffins. I have to admit, I was skeptical. Seriously, the knife purports to cut food but not fingers. And I’m glad to say it does! No fingers were severed whilst using it. Miss 4 helped in the kitchen, quartering tomatoes for tomato paste and chopping the apples for these muffins and still has 10 fingers. I was thoroughly impressed. This is not a paid review- I purchased the knife myself- but I am going to see if I can score some for a giveaway- I’ll keep you posted! You can check them out here.
Apple and lemon muffins
Apple and Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup panela sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the flours, zest and panela sugar in a bowl.
- Add the diced apple.
- In a jug combine the milk, lemon juice, egg and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and spoon into silicone muffin trays.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool on a wire rack.