These Bacon and Broccoli Crustless Quiches are super easy to make and only need 4 ingredients. From whisking to done in under 30 minutes, these mini quiches can be frozen and are perfect for the lunchbox. Filled with protein, they are great for keeping little brains going all afternoon! Also great as an easy grab and go breakfast, or as a picnic food.
Why you're going to love this recipe
These are the ultimate "you don't need stacks of ingredients to make something awesome food" in fact they are just as good for breakfast as they are in the lunchbox and they only contain good yummy food. They are perfect alongside a slice of toast as a complete breakfast.
- get a batch made in under 30 minutes
- easy to make
- only 4 ingredients
- crustless, so gluten free (check your bacon though!)
- simple delicious flavour
- easy to hold to eat
- hold up well in the lunchbox
What goes into the recipe
don't forget to scroll to the recipe card for ingredient amounts and full method
- eggs- I buy free range eggs- up to you, but in something like this where they are such an important part, the quality of the eggs you use is important.
- bacon- do not cook this before you put it into the quiches!
- cheese- tasty or cheddar works well in this recipe
- broccoli- I used ¾ of a head of broccoli- it really depends on the size of your broccoli, but the key here is to pack the broccoli into the cup measure as much as possible.
How to make this recipe
These bacon and broccoli crustless quiches are so easy to make, I make them whilst cooking dinner or even quickly in the morning!
- Crack the eggs. (Image 1)
- Whisk the eggs. (Image 2)
- Add the other ingredients. (Image 3)
- Put into a silicone (or greased and floured) muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes at 180º (355f) (Image 4)
Expert Tips and FAQs
Not before it goes into the crustless quiches, no! And why not? Because in the quiches the bacon ends up cooked. Cook it before hand and the bacon ends up a crunchy hard lump when cooked again.
Feel free to switch out the broccoli for another veg of your choosing if your kids won't eat it.
Yes! They freeze well- on a tray until solid, then transfer to a container when solid.
More quiche ideas
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Bacon and Broccoli Crustless Quiches
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli chopped finely
- 3 rashers bacon diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (355f).
- Whisk the eggs.
- Then add the other ingredients.
- Pour into a 12 hole muffin pan (greased or silicone).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes and serve hot or cold.
This post was written in June 2018 and has been fully republished with new photos, new video, new process images and FAQs on 11/11/2021.