First up, these are a treat! But they are a fun and easy treat to make with kids that allow you to make a baked treat that is like a cinnamon donut and that doesn't have any nasty ingredients, or frying or even any egg. What's so great about that? Well, the batter for these baked mini cinnamon donut holes can be eaten before baked! Or at least the spoon can be licked!
Master 3 and I did measuring and pouring together, mixing and putting in the baking tray. He then waited very patiently ("are they ready yet?" "mum, I'm suuuuuurrrrre they are done!" "ready now?" "Ready yet?") for them to bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
We then had to wait for them to be cool enough to handle so we could do the next bit- dipping in the coconut oil and rolling in the cinnamon sugar.
But the best bit was the eating! But we've also put some aside for when big sister gets home from school.
It's pretty good to get your hands dirty with the kids in the kitchen. I know, this isn't the healthiest of treats, but it is extra yummy and it is better for you than store bought options. So why not have a bit of fun with it?
You can never go wrong in serving donuts to your kids. Try these other popular donut recipes I created:
- Apple cinnamon baked donuts- no added sugar!
- Sweet potato baked donuts with orange icing
- Baked blueberry yoghurt donuts
Baked mini cinnamon donut holes- Kids Kitchen
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients and add the milk and coconut oil.
- Mix until combined.
- Using a silicone mini cupcake tray (or greased and floured metal one) half fill 24 holes with the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes or until you can handle them.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Dip each cake into the coconut oil, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve hot or cool for later.
Quick and Delicious Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | Living Montessori Now
Homemade Taco Seasoning | Royal Little Lambs
Mud Pudding | Raising Little Superheroes
Mouse-tacular Chocolate Cookies | A Little Slice Of Us
Roll-Out Butter Cookies | The Gifted Gabber
Marble Pound Cake | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Simple Cupcakes for kids to decorate | Rainy Day Mum
Easy Zucchini Muffins | Mess for Less
Dairy Free Banana Nut Muffins | For This Season
Baked Mini Cinnamon Donut Holes | Kidgredients
Chocolate Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats | Royal Baloo
Easy Bite Sized Chocolate Dipped Pretzels | Sugar Aunts