This Blueberry Banana Bread is sponsored by Caruso’s Natural Health and new Caruso’s Children’s Brain Health and Children's Multivitamin.
This Blueberry Banana Bread has no added refined sugar, is dairy free and absolutely delicious! Perfect for baking and freezing in slices, it is great for the lunchbox, a mid morning snack or for afternoon tea. You won't miss the dairy or extra sugar in this treat, I promise!
Why you're going to love this recipe
This blueberry banana bread is set to become a lunchbox favourite for the whole family! Here's why you're going to love it.
- one bowl mixing- perfect for people like me who hate washing up!
- no mixer needed- just a spoon and some energy is required to make this.
- easy to bake- you only need a loaf pan to make this, I've used a silicone
- no added refined sugar- the sweetness comes from the bananas and the blueberries
- freezer friendly
- easy to slice
- defrosts well and holds up well in the lunchbox!
- no nuts
What goes into the recipe
don't forget to scroll to the recipe card for full ingredients and method
- desiccated coconut- really adds to the texture of this bread
- blueberries- are the perfect way to add sweetness to this recipe- if you don't have fresh ones, you can use frozen, but they will bleeed more in the bread whilst cooking
- bananas- brown, squidgy and over ripe are the way to go for this banana blueberry bread, not only do they contain more flavour, but they are easier to smush up!
- coconut oil- if you don't care about this being dairy free, you can use melted butter as a substitute
- flours- each of these, wholemeal, coconut and self raising have a place in this bread.
How to make this recipe
This recipe is so simple! That's what I love about one bowl mixing!
- Combine everything except the blueberries in the bowl.
- Mush, smush and mix to get a dough mixture.
- Fold through the blueberries
- Pop into your loaf pan (line it if you aren't using a silicone one!) and bake at 160 degrees celsius (320 F) for 45 minutes.
Brain Health and Multivitamins for kids
When it comes to supporting your families health and well being, Caruso’s are our go-to choice. Their new range, including Children’s Brain Health and Children’s Multivitamin, is the ideal way to support your child’s development.
Caruso's Children's Multivitamin helps supports the healthy growth and development of your child. It contains nutrients that help support all aspects of growth and development including immune system health and function, nervous system health and function, healthy bone growth, and teeth and gum health. Caruso's Children's Multivitamin can also help your active little one by supporting energy production and nutrient metabolism, helping with muscle function and wound healing and supporting general health and wellbeing.
Caruso's Children's Multivitamin Indications:
- Support healthy growth and development
- Support energy production
- Support healthy stress response in the body
- Support healthy immune system function
- Support healthy teeth, bones and gums
- Maintain nervous system health and muscle function
- Support hair, skin and nail health
- Maintain brain health and function
- Maintain general health and wellbeing
This medicine may not be right for you.
Read the warnings before purchase.
Expert Tips and FAQs
To freeze it, slice it up first and then place the slices on a tray in the freezer until frozen. Then they won't stick together and will be easy to grab for lunches!
Nope! You can swap the coconut oil for butter if you prefer!
More options for bananas
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 bananas ripe and smushy
- ¾ cup white self raising flour
- ¾ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 punnet blueberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients except the blueberries in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, smushing the bananas.
- Add the blueberries and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan (line it if it isn't silicone).
- Bake at 160 degrees for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clear when inserted in the middle.
- Cook in the pan for 5 minutes then on a wire rack until cool.
- Slice and serve or freeze in slices.
This post was first published in 2017, re photographed in 2018 and on 5/11/2021 was fully republished with new: video, photos, faqs and process shots.