These blueberry no bake snack bites are the perfect snack for afternoon tea, for the lunchbox or as an extra with breakfast. I’ve used frozen blueberries in these, but they are frozen blueberries that we picked in January and froze ourselves.
Back in January on a 38 degree day, we went blueberry picking near Waitui at Brackenridge Berry Farm. To be entirely honest we didn’t head out with the intention of blueberry picking. It was really hot… as in meltingly hot.
We were camping at Old Bar and had gone for a drive to see what we could find locally. We were intending to visit some waterfalls and have a swim, but en route we ended up stopping at a roadside cafe. That stop resulted in us hearing about a blueberry farm where another family had just been picking berries. So what does a food blogger do? BLUEBERRIES!
Now blueberries aren’t cheap in Australia, even in the height of their season…but we picked a whole bucketful for less than I’d spend on two punnets in the supermarket. Yep, for $10 we got a bucket of blueberries. Now those blueberries, they got eaten by the handful.
Even Master 4 who wasn’t particularly keen on blueberries before picking started eating them (warm) from the bush whilst picking and was converted! Anyway, we ate stacks of them on the way back to the campground, but unrefrigerated blueberries start to spoil really quickly so I froze some when we got back. And I’ve just used them now…six months on!
These blueberry no bake snack bites are the perfect pick me up for the afternoon, or great in a lunchbox! The recipe makes 24 and you can freeze some, they are great to pop straight into the lunchbox from the freezer. With stacks of healthy seeds and oats, they are actually a great way to recharge your energy levels!
Blueberry and coconut makes a cakey taste without the extra sugar. These are dairy free and have only one tbsp of honey through the batch of over 20, so they aren’t sugar filled. Miss 6 is quite enamoured with them, having eaten a few whilst I was trying to take these photos!
Still craving for more blueberries? Here are some of my popular blueberries recipes:
- Baked blueberry yoghurt donuts
- Blueberry banana bread, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
- Blueberry cloud jelly cheesecake slice
Blueberry snack bites
- 1 tbsp chia seeds soak in 2 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp flax seeds soak in 2 tbsps water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries defrosted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- First up, grab the blueberries and pop on the bench to defrost.
- Add the water to the chia seeds and the flaxseeds and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add the blueberries, oats, coconut flour, shredded coconut, honey and soaked seeds to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Mix until well combined.
- With wet hands, rolls into approx 20 balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut
- Set in the fridge.