This post is sponsored by IsoWhey Clinical Nutrition Kids Complete.
When it comes to feeding our kids, we’ve all had our struggles. Whether we have picky eaters, kids who just don’t eat enough fruit and veggies, or kids who burn through their energy intake in no time, it’s hard to support them nutritionally.
That’s where Kids Complete comes in. The tasty shake has been specifically designed to support the nutritional needs of children whose energy and nutrient intake is inadequate.
I know, you read IsoWhey and their weight loss products came to mind, but Kids Complete is not a meal replacement – it is designed by the IsoWhey Clinical Nutrition division’s qualified healthcare professionals to be used as an additional food supplement to normal feeding, which will help out kids who are not getting sufficient energy and nutrients from their diet for whatever reason.
Kids who play a lot of intensive sport fall into this category. Back-to-back sporting activities and quick car trips between after-school activities is the perfect opportunity to offer kids nutrient-dense snacks. Need ideas to stop extra screen time in the school holidays when all activities aren’t happening?
Just shake, mix and relax knowing that you’re giving your kids a truly great snack option which contains:
- 50% of the daily RDI of most vitamins and minerals that kids need
- Calcium, vitamin D and magnesium – all which help with healthy bone and teeth development
- Vitamin C, vitamin B12 and iodine, to support cognitive function and development
- Vitamins B2, B6 and magnesium, to support normal nervous system function
- Vitamins C, B6 and B12 and zinc, which help support the immune system and energy production
- High in 100% Australian premium whey protein, containing at least 10g protein per serve
- Flaxseed- which is a source of essential fatty acids, as well as lignans, high quality protein, soluble fibre and phenolic compounds.
- Fibersol®-2 digestion-resistant maltodextrin, a vegetable fibre from corn, containing 90% soluble dietary fibre.
- Ultralec® lecithin, a source of phosphatidylcholine and choline.
It’s basically about helping kids to perform at their best. I know when my daughter is doing a lot of sport and exerting a lot of energy, we have to grab and go with snacks that will hopefully replenish her. Between band practise, cricket training, swimming, dancing, swim club, gymnastics, she barely has time to regroup let alone eat the things she needs to keep going.
These shakes are also great for kids going through a growth spurt (when you feel like you cannot ever satisfy their hunger!) or when they’ve been sick and just need a boost. I think it’s going to be super handy to have Kids Complete on hand next week when my daughter starts orthodontic treatment. It has no added sugar and is sweetened with stevia plus it contains iron and helps to fulfil the nutritional needs of kids when they need it most.
What should you be doing alongside IsoWhey Kids Complete? Feeding your kids (or attempting to) a balanced diet of vegetables, proteins and cereals, to support their physical and cognitive growth. Remember they can only work with what they’ve got on board.
There are two flavours, Vanilla and Chocolate, and they both (according to my kids) taste great on their own. But you can also have some fun with them.
To keep it simple you mix 1.5 level scoops of IsoWhey Clinical Nutrition Kids Complete with 200mL full-fat milk (or milk substitute).
We like to: add ¼ frozen mango chunks to the vanilla and blend to make a delicious vanilla and mango smoothie. Also making a cherry ripe smoothie is super easy- just use the chocolate shake mix and blend with ¼ cup of frozen pitted cherries.
You can find out more here: Isowhey website. Or visit your local pharmacy.
*This product is designed to supplement a normal diet, to address situations where energy and nutrient intake may not be adequate to meet an individual’s requirements.