Yummy caramel chocolate bliss balls, perfect for the lunchbox and freezer friendly! Quick to make and no bake, they are a kid favourite. Awesome to make in advance and pop in the lunchbox.
Why you're going to love this recipe
What's not to love about no-bake recipes that are delicious?
- no-bake recipe that is super quick to put together
- cute and colourful, they are a kid favourite
- freezer friendly
- store for up to a week in the fridge
- only 6 ingredients
- pantry ingredients
- sticky caramel flavour with crunchy chocolate
What goes into the recipe
don’t forget to scroll to the recipe card for quantities and the full method
- mini smarties or M&M's- we have mini smarties in the supermarket baking section, you might have mini M&M's effectively they are the same thing. If you can't find either, then mini chocolate chips will work.
- maple syrup- the real deal, not the fake stuff.
- rolled oats- if you want your caramel chocolate bliss balls to be gluten free swap them out for quinoa flakes- the same amount.
- medjool dates- these dates are softer and stickier and don't require soaking. If you use normal dates you will need to soak them in hot water for a while to soften them.
How to make this recipe
- Combine all the ingredients except the mini smarties in a food processor.
- Processor until sticky mix is formed- this takes about 60 seconds.
- form into balls.
- Add the mini smarties/ m and ms.
Expert tips and FAQs
My top tip for bliss balls is if the mixture is too sticky, wet your hands before rolling.
They will store for a week in the fridge in an airtight container.
Yes! Like most other bliss balls, they can be frozen easily and defrost really well, keeping their shape.
Medjool dates are fresh dates! They have a richer, caramelly taste and are much softer than dried dates.
In the baking aisle! If you can't find them, switch for mini chocolate chips.
More bliss ball recipes:
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see why you've been making!
Caramel Chocolate Bliss Balls
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 12 medjool dates
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- ¼ cup smarties/ m&ms
- Combine all the ingredients except the mini smarties/ m&ms. In the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until sticky and broken down- takes about 1 minute.
- Grab teaspoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls.
- Add the mini smarties/ m &ms.
- Refrigerate until serving.