Today we headed off to our local organic produce market. Lots of goodies to show you tomorrow! We also popped into Havericks to stock up on delicious meat. I love it when the kids choose their fruit and veggies and have conversations about them with the producers.
But back to the onions. So, my onions yesterday produced this many baby food trays worth of caramelised onions. Plus a container that’s in the fridge for tomorrow nights gravy and enough for the recipe below.
|Caramelised onions ready for the freezer|
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons of caramelised onions
- some fresh thyme or rosemary
- half a log of goats cheese crumbled, fresh goats cheese- otherwise known as chevre- I like the ashed variety
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Partially defrost the puff pastry
- Fold the edges in a cm and press down
- Put on a silpat sheet or baking paper on an oven tray
- Sprinkle the onions over the top
- Add the fresh herbs
- Sprinkle over the goats cheese
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Checking after 15 and maybe (depending on your oven) turning it.
- It should look golden and the pastry should have puffed.
- Chop it into portions and serve immediately. It's also delicious cold.