Quick, easy, cheesy! Oh dear. Did I really just say that? Yep. I did. Well, this cheesy chicken traybake is sure to hit the mark. This was a hit with both mini kidgredients (surprising as it is not plain chicken schnitzel or a marinated saucy chicken).
Serve this one with some zucchini chippies and some steamed veggies and you've got an incredibly easy dinner. Chicken breast can easily dry out in the oven but the cheese and the mayonnaise ensure this won't happen, your chicken will be moist yet crunchy.
It's so yummy that you'll find yourself grabbing the crumbly, cheesy bits from the corners after everyone has been served! Even Miss 5 has asked to help "clean the dish".
Well, this chicken dish is so delicious you'll forget how easy it was. And if you're quick you'll be able to steal some of the crunchy bits as you dish it up. Double or triple this one if you've got a lot of people to feed, but make sure the strips are in a single layer in the dish or they will end up soggy. And no-one likes soggy crumbs!
Love this cheesy recipe? Here's more for you:
- Broccoli and chicken cheesy lasagne
- Sweet potato macaroni and cheese – a healthy orange cheesy pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 3cm thick strips
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. (392F)
- Mix the mayonnaise and water together to thin it.
- Combine the cheese, breadcrumbs and parlsey in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the bottom of a baking tray
- Dip the chicken strips in the mayonnaise mixture then roll in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place in the tray.
- Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- Sprinkle excess crumb all over the chicken in the tray.
- Drizzle with more olive oil.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius (392F) for 35 minutes.
- Do not attempt to turn it.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 2 adults and 2 kids.