When it comes to making dinner, fun, I think I’ve hit the jackpot. Fun stuff makes the kids eat and if I can make yummy, veggie-filled food…it makes mummy happy! So here we are, delicious chicken and veggie noodle cups in baked wonton cups.
Why bake the wonton cups? Well, it means they are perfect for a picnic dinner in the loungeroom, or for a party snack or for a quick lunch, in fact, they are pretty much delicious for anything.
These cups are so much fun, the kids loved filling them and making them and really enjoyed eating them. It was like bringing a bit of restaurant showmanship into the kitchen. I find everything with noodles is great for the kids, it makes something simple even more fun.
If veggies are difficult to smuggle into your kids’ food, then dishes like this one are perfect for upping the veggie ante. I tell my kids what veggies there are in things now and get them to look for them and find them. The purple cabbage was added because of the colour, but you could swap it for green if you need to hide it better.
Have fun with making these chicken and veggie noodles in baked wonton cups, get the kids involved and let them pick and choose the veggies. As I said, everything with noodles is a winner, so here are some other noodle recipes your kids might love:
Beef mince and veggie rice noodles (budget meal)– which is a super cheap weeknight dinner the whole family will love
Honey soy salmon and veggie stirfry, perfect for adding extra omega three to your family diet
Noodle and veggie frittatas, the easiest way to get noodles into your lunchbox
and Winter warming chicken noodle soup and asthma for those winter nights
Chicken and veggie noodles in baked wonton cups
- 1 pack square wonton wrappers
- spray oil
- 500 grams chicken mince
- ¼ red cabbage
- 200 grams ready singapore noodles
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp kecap manis sweet soy
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Spray a 12 muffin tin with oil and line with wonton wrappers. Spray the wrappers
- Bake each batch for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the tray and put on a baking rack.
- In a wok or large frypan, fry the chicken mince in some spray oil.
- Prep the noodles as per their packet instructions.
- Add the cabbage and cook until softened.
- Add the zucchini, grated carrot and frozen peas.
- Add the kecap mani and oyster sauce and cook until it bubbles up- 3 minutes.
- Stir through the coriander and serve in the wonton cups.