Sometimes life gives you lemons. Sometimes life gives you way too many cornflakes. This isn’t lemon slice…so guess what I have too much of? That’s right! Cornflakes. So what better time to make cornflake honey slice?
Lunchbox treats that are quick and easy to make are kind of my thing. Nobody wants to spend ages working on snacks for the lunchbox. You should have everything you need for this slice in your cupboard and fridge, so you might even be ready to go.
Basically these are like honey joys in slice form. Delicious, crunchy and super simple to make. If you want a more traditional honey joy, then you should give these ones a go! The honey makes the cornflakes extra delicious and the whole thing bakes quickly in a lamington pan. There are also cornflake cookies on the blog if like me you are drowning in cornflakes.
Either slice up and pop in the fridge for the week ahead, or freeze in portions ready for lunchboxes. To do that: freeze until completely solid on a baking tray before transferring to a container or a ziplock bag. It will defrost easily in the lunchbox if you put it in frozen in the morning, even with an ice pack.
Don’t take my word for it, this delicious slice is perfect for the lunchbox, and with no icing, it’s easy to eat and send to school. It’s also perfect as an after school snack or an on the go morning tea. It’s quite nice with a cup of coffee too!
Cornflake honey slice
- 1.5 cups cornflakes
- 1 ⅓ cups rolled oats
- 1 ⅓ cups desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 grams butter
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt together the butter and honey.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Press into a lined lamington tin and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Cut through the middle and then into 20 bars.