Quick and super easy to make, this creamy spinach and fetta dip is perfect for your next party, for snacks, or lunchbox dipping! No cook, with only 4 ingredients, it is fantastic for dipping veggie sticks, crackers, bread sticks or chips. Get it made in only 5 minutes. It can even be used as filling for scrolls or as a sandwich spread.
Why you're going to love this recipe
What's not to love about a no-bake recipe that literally takes 5 minutes?
- flavourful and delicious thanks to the salty fetta, creamy cream cheese, sweet basil and spinach
- kids love the flavour
- easy to make in your food processor, blender or thermal cooker (I used my magimix cook expert affiliate link)
- stores in the fridge well
- great for lunchboxes as it isn't too wet
- no nuts
- gluten free
What goes into the recipe
don't forget to scroll the recipe for ingredient amounts and full method
- frozen spinach- sure, you could use fresh, but it's so much easier to use frozen spinach, and for this recipe you can just leave it out on the bench to defrost for 5 minutes before making the dip, not need to defrost overnight or anything crazy.
- fetta cheese-choose a creamy version, like a danish fetta for this recipe as the creaminess works really well.
- cream cheese- choose block cream cheese, not tub cream cheese
- basil- you want to tear this, not cut it! Otherwise it will turn brown!
How to make this recipe
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, high powered blender or your thermocooker (I used the metal bowl of my magimix cook expert for this). Process until it is smooth- mine took about 2 minutes!
- You don't need to get it 100% creamy, some chunks are ok, but it depends on personal preference. (image 2)
Expert Tips and FAQs
Creamy fetta works best, like danish fetta. Anything that says creamy fetta on the pack will work.
Nope! It will be fine to use semi defrosted, as in grab it from the freezer when getting the other ingredients sorted and go from there.
It will store in the fridge for three days. If you have any leftover dip I recommend making these yummy scrolls!
More yummy snack ideas
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Creamy Spinach and Fetta Dip
- 125 grams frozen spinach
- 250 grams block cream cheese brand doesn't matter
- 100 grams danish fetta cheese you want it soft, so traditional fetta isn't going to work in this recipe
- ½ cup basil leaves approx 20 leaves
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender, food processor or thermoccoker.
- Combine until creamy (it took about 2 minutes in my Magimix Cook Expert.
- This recipe is not good for freezing, but leftovers can be used to make these scrolls: Spinach Pinwheels, with cheese and basil which are freezer friendly.
- Make sure you get a block of cream cheese, not a tub as the tub is too smooth to work.
- Danish fetta is your best bet for the fetta as it is smoother.
- Tear your basil rather than cutting it to ensure it stays green.