Yoghurt dough has taken the lunchbox scene by storm. There’s hardly a day go by that I don’t see some variation of scrolls: savoury, sweet. But who is using this dough to make bickies? Um…we are! Crunchy 5 ingredient cheese crackers are made with your trusty yoghurt dough! As you probably know, I’m a bit of a fan of bento style lunches. I love making cute lunches for the kids, in the hope they they will eat more.
But I will not compromise on quality. I will not buy tiny teddies or other conventional kid bickies. They are not going in our lunchboxes. So here we are, baking cute little butterflies out of yoghurt dough. These are already kid aproved. Master 2 has tonsillitis and has barely eaten a thing since Monday but ate 4. So if he approves, I can guarantee Miss 4 will be loving these this afternoon after preschool.
I’ve used flaxseeds in these, but you could try chia or even poppy seeds or sesame seeds. Or a mix. I’ll try some more combinations over the next couple of weeks. You need a fair bit of flour for rolling these out, otherwise they will stick to your chopping board.
Now, don’t panic as they start to brown, you want them crunchy, so keep an eye around the 15 minute mark….and watch until they are crispy!
- 3/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 cup wholemeal srf
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/3 extra plain wholemeal for rolling
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Add all the ingredients to a mixer (except the extra flour). Mix on low for one minute with the dough hook.
- Mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to .5cm thick and cut with cookie cutters of your choice.
- Place on lined baking trays and bake for 15-18 minutes or until crunchy.
- Makes 40+
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 13 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g