Master 2 is the dumpling king. If he's sick, he'll eat dumplings, if he's well, he'll eat dumplings. If we are out, I can guarantee the dumplings on the menu will always be eaten by him. I think it's genetic. My father loved dumplings, I love dumplings. Therefore as a small hark back to his ancestors, Master 2 got one thing from my side of the family (except being a ginger)...a love of dumplings.
Miss 4 detests dumplings. "I will not eat Pork Dumplings Mummy" Despises them with every breath she takes and refuses to listen to reasoning about how yummy they are. "I am not eating dumplings, they are horrible, more horrible than anything...even more horrible than eating anything I know." OR THAT WAS HOW IT WAS.
Breaking news: Miss 4 ate and loved dumplings. To be entirely honest, I was incapable of typing up this recipe last night due to the sheer disbelief that surrounded this breaking news. Not only did Miss 4 LIKE the dumplings and EAT the dumplings, she professed a deep love for them and ate 5. 5! I was previously hard pressed to even get the word dumpling to pass her lips...and last night she ate not 1, but 5 dumplings. 5.
Disclaimer- if you want Dumplings that taste like the incredible morsels that they sell at din tai fung, these probably aren't going to quite hit the spot for you. if on the other hand you want a fussy petal like Miss 4 to eat them, these are going to hit every spot. 5 times over.
I will not eat Pork Dumplings Mummy
- packet of circular gow gee wrappers 30
- 500 grams pork mince
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 8 mushrooms chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 8 chives chopped
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients except (obviously) the wrappers.
- Process until it forms a paste.
- Take one wrapper, and using your finger, wet the edges.
- Put one teaspoon full of the mix in the wrapper and seal the edges by pressing together. (I used a dumpling press).
- Store in the fridge if you are cooking today or freeze.
- To cook: steam for 10-15 minutes, checking the water doesn't run dry.
- Makes 30- you will have leftover meat mix. I have frozen mine for another day!