Need to bring a dessert? These no bake mini cheesecakes are perfect for times when you need to bring dessert. They are easy to make and super versatile, and can even be frozen so they can be made in advance. Great for dressing at the table with your favourite toppings, they are a great mini dessert. Being mini they set in under 4 hours! With a creamy cheesecake filling and whatever toppings you want, you've got the perfect dessert!
Why you are going to love this recipe
- it's easy to make
- no-bake, you don't need your oven
- quick to set
- mini- so individual desserts
- easy to transport
- versatile - top them with whatever you like- see my suggestions below!
- no eggs
- made in muffin pans
- classic cheesecake filling and a cookie crust
What goes into the recipe
The base of this recipe only needs 4 ingredients!
- digestive biscuits (or sub for another dry sweet biscuit of your choice)
- butter, unsalted.
- desiccated coconut, to add texture to the base mixture.
- brown sugar to give a caramelised flavour
- thickened cream
- cream cheese
- lemon juice
- gelatine ( and hot water)
- m &m s
- freeze dried fruit
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- chocolate chips
- kiwi fruit
- Christmas sprinkles
- grated chocolate
- cherry pie filling
- chocolate ganache
- Caramel gingerbread popcorn
How to make this recipe
- melt the butter, pour the melted butter into your food processor
- pop the digestives, coconut and sugar into the bowl of a food processor
- blitz until it resembles rough sand, or fine crumbs
- spread evenly between the 12 holes of a cupcake pan (lined)
- combine the gelatin and hot water in a small jug and whisk together leave to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes
- add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until you have stiff peaks. You can also use an electric hand mixer.
- add the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, lemon juice and the gelatin mix (give it a final whisk with the fork)
- whisk until all well combined
- spoon over the bases and smooth over the tops
- refrigerate for 3 hours or until the liners pull away easily
- top with decorations and serve- or serve and allow everyone to decorate their own
Expert Tips and FAQs
This recipe uses gelatin to help set the cheesecake top, like many cheesecakes and other desserts. For something like this, you can use standard supermarket gelatin like the one in the picture.
If you are using gelatin leaves, you need to check your packet instructions. Personally, my preference for this recipe is to use the powder.
You can make these no bake mini cheesecakes up to 48 hours before eating, just make sure that they are covered in the fridge so they don't develop and thick skin on top.
If you are going to be transporting these, leave them in the cupcake liners until you are at your destination. Also, leave them in the cupcake pan! You should be able to put cling film over the top without it sticking g to the tops of the cheesecakes. Put their decorations on when you get there too- or put decorations on the table and let everyone do their own.
You could try these without them, but I really recommend them. Large cheesecakes are traditionally made in springform pans, so making them mini we need to adapt.
The cupcake liners come off super easily and you can use any that you have lying around at home- think all the leftovers from packs!
Before decorating, these can be frozen! Just pop in the fridge the night before you need them to thaw to bring them back to eating temp. Freeze them in the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan, then transfer to a container or freezer bag when solid. When defrosting I put them back into the cupcake pan in the fridge so they don't get knocked around.
digestives could be swapped with other sweet biscuits like graham crackers, gingernut biscuits, wheaten biscuits, even oreo cookies if you want to make a chocolate base
butter can be subbed with coconut oil
gelatin can be swapped with gel it in or agar agar for a vegetarian option
More no-bake desserts
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
No Bake Mini Cheesecake Recipe
- 100 grams digestive biscuits or sub for another dry sweet biscuit of your choice
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup brpwn sugar
- ½ cup thickened cream and hot water
- 250 grams cream cheese full fat!
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon gelatine powder
- 2 tbsps boiling water
- Melt the butter - I do this in the microwave.
- Put the digestives, coconut and sugar into the bowl of a food processor
- Blitz until it resembles rough sand
- Spread evenly between the 12 holes of a cupcake pan (lined)
- Refrigerate until the topping is ready.
- Combine the gelatin and hot water in a small jug and whisk together leave to sit for 5 minutes
- aAdd the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until you have stiff peaks
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, lemon juice and the gelatin mix (give it a final whisk with the fork)
- Whisk until all well combined
- Spoon over the bases and smooth over the tops
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until the liners pull away easily
- Top with decorations and serve- or serve and allow everyone to decorate their own