I’m a fan of one pot dinners. I’ve always made it very clear that I hate washing up. Never more so than right now. It seems like there are an extraordinary amount of dishes and cups and glasses and bowls at the end of the day. So this one pot sausage and veggie pasta is here to save you from washing up!
We always seem to over budget on sausages. Whether I’ve bought too many from the butcher, or the packs at the grocery store weren’t convenient for a family of four, I always seem to be putting extra sausages into the fridge from later. And then, a week later I find my three stray sausages and it’s too late to eat them.
Not any more! In fact, when BBQing sausages, I make sure to do extra just so we can make this pasta the next day! It’s jam packed with veggies and the kids love it.
What sausages work best?
Any! If you have a plain sausage for this you might want to add some herbs to the pasta, but generally speaking, I end up buying “gourmet” sausages, and all of them will work just fine in this dish.
Can I freeze this dinner?
Of course! But it will probably take just as long to defrost as it does to make it from scratch. So, unless you have to cook a double batch, this is probably one that’s best cooked in the moment, as it only takes 25 minutes from start to finish to get this delicious meal on the table!
More ways with sausages
- Curried sausages, the best way to make them
- Sausage and pea pasta sauce
- Baked sage and veggie risotto with cheats pork meatballs – a one pot dinner
One pot sausage and veggie pasta
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 300 grams pasta of your choice
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2-4 sausages leftovers! already cooked
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 carrots grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook until soft- 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, chicken stock and the tin of tomatoes.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Slice the sausages and add to the pan.
- Cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the broccoli and grated carrot, cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve. Top with your favourite cheese and enjoy!