Red grape and rosemary focaccia
Yield 16 slices
Don't be scared of making bread! This red grape and rosemary focaccia is super easy to make and really kid friendly- both for eating and making.
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water warm water
- 2 teaspoons (7g) dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g (4 cups) 00 flour
- 1 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 20 red grapes, halved
- 2 tbsps olive oil
20 pitted kalamata olives
- Combine the water, yeast, sugar and 2 olive oil in a jug. Whisk to combine and set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Place flour and half of the sea salt in a bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until combined then knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. OR using a mixer with a dough hook, knead for 5 minutes
- Lightly oil a container and set the dough aside for 45 minutes (covered with cling film) to rise.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a round pizza pan with olive oil.
- Punch down the dough and then knead for 2 minutes until elastic.
- Press into the pan and set aside for another 20 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Make indentations with your thumb and press the rosemary into the indentations.
- Press the grapes into the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the foccaccia is golden and sounds hollow when tapped.
Cuisine modern australian
Recipe by Kidgredients at https://kidgredients.com.au/red-grape-and-rosemary-foccaccia/