When you need a quick, delicious and easy to make lunchbox item that is freezer friendly and great cold, then these Salami Pizza Scrolls are the perfect option. Made using storebought puff pastry, they are super easy to make and taste fantastic. With veggies added into them, they are great for lunchboxes.
Why you're going to love this recipe
This really is one to make with the kids, no fiddly dough, no tricky steps, no long wait for the food! Here's why you're going to love this recipe:
- hidden veggies
- yummy flavour
- just like pizza
- uses storebought puff pastry for ease
- quick and easy to make
- freezer friendly
- yummy hot or cold
What goes into the recipe
Don't forget to scroll to the recipe card for ingredient amounts and full method.
- puff pastry- any frozen will do! You will need to defrost fully before using the sheets. Only defrost the sheets needed for the recipe.
- salami- I tend to use Danish as it isn't spicy. Use whatever your family likes!
- zucchini- you're going to be grating it, if it is really watery, you can squeeze it to get the water out.
- cheese- use whatever cheese your family prefers, we like to use tasty or grated cheddar, pizza cheese also works well.
- tomato paste- mutti make a great one that comes in a tube, but otherwise, just use whatever you would normally use.
- Italian herbs- or pizza herbs, or mixed herbs!
How to make this recipe
- When the pastry is defrosted, cover with tomato paste.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Top with salami
- Add the cheese
- Add the zucchini, then roll into a log.
- Cut into 8 rounds.
- Stand up on a baking tray and bake at 200º Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Expert Tips and FAQs
I leave it on the bench to defrost, while I get the other ingredients ready. It normally doesn't take longer than 5-10 minutes.
We use tasty cheese, or cheddar or even pizza melt cheese, they all work really well and melt well.
Three days! They do well in an airtight container and will not completely lose their crispiness. If you prefer them warm, reheat in an oven.
Yes! They will last in the freezer for up to three months and can be served defrosted or reheated.
More lunchbox recipes
Need more ideas for the lunchbox?
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Salami Pizza Scrolls
- 2 sheets of puff pastry defrosted
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 6 slices of salami cut into slithers
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. 392 F
- Spread the tomato paste all over the pastry.
- Sprinkle the Italian herbs over the pastry.
- Spread the salami over the tomato paste and pastry.
- Spread the cheese
- Spread the grated zucchini.
- Roll the pastry into a log, then cut each log into 8 rounds.
- Spread out on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.