Looking for an even healthier alternative to beef or pork sausage rolls? Then these Turkey Sausage Rolls are perfect for you! Quick and easy to make and filled with veggies, they are a great party food, lunchbox inclusion or perfect for your next picnic. Made with frozen puff pastry, they couldn't be easier. Get a batch made in under 30 minutes.
Why you're going to love this recipe
Not only are these super delicious, but turkey mince is a healthier alternative to beef mince, and still has enough flavour to make these sausage rolls delicious. We love using turkey mince, if you haven't already you should try our One Pot Healthy Turkey Bolognese.
Here's why you're going to love this recipe:
- no need to pre cook the filling
- uses puff pastry to make them super simple
- easy to bake
- packed with veggies
- familiar sausage rolls shape and texture
- freezer friendly before cooking
- lunchbox friendly
What goes into the recipe
don't forget to scroll to the recipe card for full amounts and method
- turkey mince- not only is is healthier than some other types of mince, it also works really well in things like therse sausage rolls!
- veggies- would a sausage roll be a Kidgredients sausage roll without veggies? Most of the ones on the blog contain veggies like these Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls or these Pork, Apple and Veggie Sausage Rolls. Zucchini and Carrot are the standard veggies I put in everyhting, because they work! The zucchini helps bind the mixture as it gives off moisture.
- Tomato paste- this double concetrate tomato paste is awesome!
- Smoked Paprika- helps to add a nice smokey flavour to these sausage rolls.
- puff pastry- if you haven't got frozen puff pastry sheets in the freezer- then go adn get some! They are super versatile and can be used for sweet and savoury! Everything from scrolls through to tarts!
How to make this recipe
- Dice the onion. (Image 1)
- Grate the carrot and zucchini (Image 2)
- Combine the carrot, zucchini, onion and turkey mince in a large bowl. (Image 3)
- Add the tomato paste and oregano. (Image 4)
- Add the paprika. (Image 5)
- Mix well until all combined. (Image 6)
- Take one third of the mixture and place it along the edge of a sheet of pastry. (Image 7)
- Roll to form a log. (Image 8)
- Cut the log into 6 rolls. Repeat for remaining pastry and mince mixture. (Image 9)
- Place on a baking tray and brush with milk. (Image 10)
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius (392f) for 20 minutes or until golden. (Image 11)
Expert Tips and FAQs
Turkey mince is LEAN, so it contains less fat, making it a healthier option.
I freeze sausage rolls before brushing with milk on a tray until solid and then bake from frozen. They may need 5-10 more minutes from frozen.
The oven needs to be super hot at 200 degrees celsius when cooking these turkey sausage rolls. If they are golden on top, but not crispy underneath, flip them and pop them back in for 5 minutes.
More Sausage Roll Recipes
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Turkey Sausage Rolls Recipe
- 500 grams turkey mince
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tbsps milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (392F)
- Dice the onion.
- Grate the carrot and zucchini.
- Combine the mince, grated veggies and onion in a large bowl.
- Add the oregano, tomato paste and smoked paprika.
- Mix well.
- Add ⅓ of the mixture to one sheet of pastry.
- Roll up and then cut into 6 rounds (repeat for the remaining sheets and mince).
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush with milk.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius (392F) for 20 minutes or until golden