Making ice blocks for kids is so much fun! These watermelon and coconut ice blocks only take minutes of your time, taste delicious and only need 2 ingredients! When ice blocks are this easy to make, you will never need to buy them again. They are super sweet and yummy and kids love them. No added refined sugar.
Why you're going to love this recipe
These ice blocks are an awesome frozen treat for a hot day!
- no added refined sugar
- makes 8 iceblocks
- perfect as an after school treat
- cool and refreshing
- great for keeping kids hydrated
- gentle flavours- even good when they have a tummy bug or similar
- easy to make- you can use a blender, food processor or even a stick blender like I did!
What goes into the recipe
This is such a simple recipe, only two ingredients!
- watermelon-diced, cubed, however works best in your blender!
- coconut water- just be careful that it contains no added ingredients!
How to make this recipe
Dice or cube the watermelon, then place in your blender with the coconut water! As you can see from the video, I used my stick blender
- pop the ingredients in a bowl (or bowl of a blender or food processor or thermocooker) and blitz until the desired consistency. Freeze in pop molds.
Expert Tips and FAQs
They take a minimum of 4 hours to freeze solid. Sometimes they will be quicker if you take the ingredients from the fridge, but 4 hours is realistic.
You can use a stick blender, blender or even a food processor or thermocooker for this recipe.
More frozen treats
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Watermelon and Coconut Ice Blocks
- 400 grams chopped watermelon diced
- 250 mls coconut water
- Blitz the coconut water and watermelon together.
- Pop into ice block mold and freeze for four hours minimum.