I've had this packet of coconut flour in my cupboard for a while. Every now and then I think about using it and then I chicken out. But we've got a few pears on the bench and they are looking a little miserable.
So coconut flour. It's not a 1:1 replacer for normal flour. In fact it seems to be a bit of a wild demon. So I did a little reading on the web and decided to go with ⅓ cup of coconut flour.
I'm actually quite happy with how they turned out. They are moist. They remain moist too, which is a nice change from normal cakes which tend to go hard.
Apple and Pear Muffin bites- gluten and dairy free!
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples peeled and grated
- 2 pears peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a mini cupcake pan or use a silicone one.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into the baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in the baking tray for 10 minutes then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Makes 18