So...sometimes, it's the simple things that make for the yummiest of lunches. These are literally the easiest ever ham and cheese pizza scrolls, ready in just 20 minutes!
Why you're going to love these scrolls
These scrolls will be your lifesaver when: you realise in the morning you need something for lunches, or when you don't have any yoghurt for yoghurt dough scrolls. Using all butter puff pastry, it's cheating in a yummy way.
- quick and easy to make
- kidfriendly flavours
- family favourite- my mum used to call these pinwheels and made them for me as a kid!
- freezer friendly- freeze on a tray after baking and move to a container when solid
- easy to swap around flavours- check out the FAQ for some ideas!
What goes into the recipe
don’t forget to scroll to the recipe card for quantities and the full method
5 ingredients is all it takes to make these delicious lunchbox ready scrolls!
- all butter puff pastry trust me, the all butter makes a difference!
- tomato paste I use the mutti brand as it is double concentrated
- ham either 6 slices, or 150 grams shaved, just chop it up
- cheese either cheddar or tasty works best for this, but use what your have in the fridge!
How to make this recipe
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.Spread tomato paste over the pastry
- Step 2: Sprinkle over the herbs
- Step 3: Top with ham and cheese
- Step 4: Roll into a log
- Step 5: Cut into 2cm rounds
- Step 6: Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 minutes
Expert tips and FAQs
These are so easy to make they hardly warrant being called a recipe!
But my top tips are:
- Make sure to preheat your oven, it's super important.
- Use a pastry brush to ensure a good spread of the tomato paste.
- Roll them tightly so they don't come apart.
The cheese can be subbed for any cheese you have in the fridge. The ham? Well, it could be bacon, chicken, zucchini, whatever you want. I use tomato paste and a sprinkling of herbs because I never buy pizza sauce but you could easily use that instead.
They will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge.
They are perfect for freezing! Put them on a tray after baking and allow to freeze until completely solid before transferring to a freezer bag.
More scroll ideas:
Easiest ever ham and cheese pizza scrolls
- 4 sheets all butter puff pastry defrosted
- 6 slices ham cut into slivers (or 150 grams shaved ham)
- 1.5 cups cheese grated
- 3 tbsps tomato paste
- 1 tsp mixed italian herbs
- preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Spread the puff pastry with the tomato paste, then the herbs.
- Cover with the ham and cheese and roll up like scrolls.
- Cut into 2 cm wide rounds.
- Space out on a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees.