Sometimes at kidgredients HQ after cooking dinner for the kidlets...I'm over it. The witching hour exists even in the home of mummy bloggers! So...what to do? An easy pasta.
Mr kidgredients made bacon- from scratch and it is spectacular. The taste and texture is incredible, it's going to be a regular thing here because I love bacon!
So here's the easy pasta I made to capitalise on the ingredients I had lying around. I made a batch of ricotta for this recipe, but you can use store bought.
You may also try these other pasta recipes that your kids will surely love:
- Roasted veggie and bacon pasta bake
- Chicken and veggie lunchbox pasta salad
- Sweet potato macaroni and cheese – a healthy orange cheesy pasta
- 4 kale leaves stems removed and leaves chopped
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 to mato chopped
- 250 grams of ricotta
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon chopped
- 1 onion finely diced
- olive oil
- cooked pasta for two
- Scoop a cup of the pasta water before it finishes cooking and reserve.
- Add the olive oil to a medium frypan over medium heat. Fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the bacon and kale fry until the bacon is golden and the kale is softening.
- Add the tomato and fry until soft.
- Add the ricotta and basil (shredding as you add it).
- Stir to combine then add the pasta water slowly.
- Pop the cooked pasta into the pan and stir through.
- Serves two.