This delicious duck fried rice is sponsored by Luv-a-Duck and their range of delicious duck products.
This Duck Fried Rice is perfect for celebrating Lunar New Year with family and friends, or for a busy weeknight meal. Packed with veggies and deliciously flavoured with soy sauce and garlic, this fried rice is going to become a family favourite because it is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing! Get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes with this awesome time saving dinner.
Why you're going to love this recipe
Quick and easy to make, but packing a flavourful punch, this duck fried rice is the ultimate family dinner! here's why you're going to love this recipe:
- quick and easy to make, using ready cooked duck
- full of veggies
- colourful and yummy looking
- no crazy ingredients, just simple pantry stuff and fresh veggies
- precook your own rice or buy cooked rice
What goes into the recipe
- peking duck breasts- these Luv-a-Duck cooked duck breasts are the best! We are going to use the breasts, but also try to use as much of the solidified duck fat as we can.
- rice (450 grams of it cooked) I use jasmine rice.
- red capsicum- mainly for colour, you can use green, orange or yellow if you prefer
- spring onions- for a freshness burst
- brown onion- or red if you prefer
- carrots- for crunch, colour, and flavour
- frozen peas- perfect for adding in more veggies
- garlic- 2 cloves, but adjust to your preferences
- soy sauce- I used light low sodium soy
- sesame oil- I love the flavour this adds to the dish
- eggs- they are fried and effectively scrambled
How to make this recipe
First of all, get the veggies all prepped and ready to go.
Remove the duck from the packet, digging the duck fat out of the packet and putting it in a separate bowl. It will be used for frying. Pour the sauce over the duck and cook according to the packet instructions.
Heat your wok over high heat and drop in a teaspoon of duck fat.
Cook the eggs over high heat until fried. Flip. Remove and chop.
Add a teaspoon more of the reserved duck fat to the pan. Cook the carrot, capsicum and onion together until softened. Add the garlic and cook one minute more.
Add the rice and sesame oil and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the peas and the soy sauce and cook through.
Pour in the sauce from the cooked duck and mix through, then add the egg and spring onions.
Chop the cooked duck breasts into 2cm pieces and add to the cooked fried rice, mixing through.
Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve hot.
Expert Tips and FAQs
There is duck fat in the pack, normally enough to make the fried rice! I take it out before baking the duck breasts so that it can be used for frying the rice and veggies, helping to give them a deliciously decadent duck flavour.
Yes! This recipe works equally as well with green beans, corn, broccoli florets, I've kept it super simple in the recipe, so you can swap what you want.
Sure! I add soy and sesame oil to the recipe, but afterwards, I add my own chilli sauce or extra soy to taste.
More delicious Asian inspired family meals
We love this PF Chang's Copycat Fried Rice. Other options for an asian inspired dinner?
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Duck Fried Rice
- 450 grams cooked jasmine rice
- 360 grams cooked duck breasts- peking flavour
- 1 brown onion
- 2 carrots
- ½ red capsicum
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps duck fat
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions
- 10 chives
- Open the duck packet, remove the breasts to a lined oven dish. With a spoon, removed the solidified fat- you need this DO NOT DISCARD. Pour the sauce over the duck (not the fat) and bake for 2 minutes at 190º degrees celsius.
- Dice the onion, chop the chives, dice the carrot, thinly slice the spring onions, cube the capsicum.
- Crack and whisk the eggs.
- Add a teaspoon of the duck fat to the wok over high heat and allow to melt. Pour in the eggs and fry until they are cooked on one side (approx 1 minute). Flip, and fry, then remove from the pan and chop.2 eggs
- Add a teaspoon of the duck fat to the wok and fry the carrots, onion, capsicum together, until slightly softened. Add the garlic and fry one mionute more.1 brown onion, 2 carrots, ½ red capsicum, 2 cloves garlic
- Add the rice and sesame oil and fry for 1 minute.450 grams cooked jasmine rice, 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Put the peas and soy sauce in the pan and mix well through.1 cup frozen peas, 2 tsps soy sauce
- Add the sauce from the cooked duck breast (pour it out of the oven pan) and the egg and spring onions.360 grams cooked duck breasts- peking flavour, 2 spring onions
- Chopped the heated duck breast and add to the rice, stirring through.360 grams cooked duck breasts- peking flavour
- Top with chives and serve immediately.10 chives