I used to love store bought coleslaw. Then I realised that not only did it contain more preservatives than actual food, but that it also didn't actually taste that great. So I've gone all gastropub and I've made my own rustic coleslaw with dressing.
It's so quick and easy to make and the colour of it really sets off the pulled pork in the buns. This would be delicious as a side to some crunchy chicken or even topped with yakitori chicken. Yum.
Rustic Coleslaw: because you need it with pulled pork
- 1.5 cups white cabbage chopped
- 1.5 cups red cabbage chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsps honey
- 2 tsps seeded mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- Mix the chopped carrot and cabbages together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before using.
- Serve on fresh bread rolls with pulled pork.