I have retaken the photos of these cookies from almost 4 years ago! These sultana and oat cookies are perfect for the lunchbox, SUPER easy to make and they freeze well to help take rush out of your mornings.
I always try to pop something sweet into my kids lunchboxes. The healthier the better. But of course, they need to be nut free and they need to be yummy. This cookie has you covered on all bases.
The combination of sultana and oats is a winner, but they are a bit crumbly…not the kind of cookie I will let be eaten on the shag pile rug (lesson learned).
These will freeze well too, just defrost the night before in the lunchbox or on the bench whilst prepping the rest of the lunch. Don’t be tempted to put them in a freezer bag though as they won’t be happy if they are knocked about once frozen- these are definitely a container freezer item!
They have been kidtested…and they are great! Even fussy Master 2 likes them. If you are storing these, they will probably keep about a week in an airtight container. I doubt they will last that long. They are just as yummy for adults as for kids. I’ll admit to eating one…or maybe two…possibly three during Downton Abbey last night with my coffee.
As I’m typing this, Master Two is pulling at my leg and pointing at the picture declaring he wants some. Don’t quite know what I’m going to do about that.
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup sultanas
- 3/4 rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line 2 baking trays.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the egg, honey and butter in a jug and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Grab 1.5 tbsp mounds and place on the tray, pushing down slightly.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them that they don't burn.
- They are done when they are golden. Cool on the tray for ten minutes then move to a wire rack.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 140mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 2g