My kids are obsessed with flatbreads. They love them for lunches, for scooping up curry and as pizza bases! These 3 ingredient sweet potato flatbreads are delicious!
Perfectly pliable, they bend and flex and are as good for taco tuesday as they are for turning into a mini pizza! The sweet potato takes them to a new level of tasty, and they stay bendy and easy to use even after refrigeration.
I hate it when I make flatbreads and they don't bend! Seriously. It's a deal-breaker!
Why sweet potato?
Well apart from the fact that its a veggie and therefore you are making healthier flatbreads than with just flour, there is also the fact that it is delicious!
There are loads of sweet potato recipes on the blog, make sure you check out these:
Are they difficult to make?
I design my recipes for simplicity and these are no different, plus by making 10 flatbreads at once, you can pop them in the freezer. This means you will always have some 3 ingredient sweet potato flatbreads ready for lunches or quick pizzas.
How do you use flatbreads for pizza?
Just top with your favourite ingredients as though it were a pizza base and bake or grill until the cheese has melted! Using these flatbreads for the base is super convenient as it means the base is already cooked through, so no need to worry about the base not crisping up when cooking.
3 ingredient sweet potato flatbreads
- 300 grams sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for cooking
- Cook the sweet potato until soft using your preferred method (steam, boil, microwave).
- Mash the sweet potato with a fork then add in the flour and olive oil and mix well.
- Knead until a dough forms.
- Tip out onto a floured board and divide into 10 portions.
- Roll each dough out to be super thin.
- heat a frypan over medium/high heat.
- Spray or drizzle in some olive oil.
- Place the rolled flatbread onto the pan, cook until bubbles appear.
- Flip and cook until the bubbles are golden.