Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year! Our first post of 2015. Very exciting. I just know it’s going to be an awesome year!
I love sweet potato. The mini kidgredients love sweet potato. And we all love it even more since I started roasting it like this! If you’re thinking I’m crazy doing a whole post about sweet potato, please try this, you won’t be disappointed. At all. Even for a second.
This is the simplest recipe I’ve ever written, no fussing, no difficulty at all. It would be perfect for little bubs who need finger food, so long as you don’t roast it until crunchy.
Now, if you think you’ll never convince your kids, trust me, it ends up so sweet it’s like eating a dessert! This recipe is so easy to do as well, so really, if you don’t try it and you do something else with your sweet potato, you’re wasting time!
Cinnamon and Coconut Oil Sweetest Potato
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 2.5cm rounds. If they are very large sweet potatoes, you can halve the rounds.
- Cook the sweet potatoes (using your chosen method: steam, boil, microwave) until just soft with the cinnamon stick. You don't want to over cook them, as you don't want them to fall apart.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Whilst still hot add the coconut oil to the sweet potatoes and stir through.
- Pour the sweet potatoes and coconut oil onto a baking tray ad sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn them over and add the other ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Bake a further 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.