Fritters are a winner, whether you use them as a dinner side or as a lunchbox item! These zucchini, carrot and pea fritters are quick and easy to make and gluten free so they are great for lunchboxes.
Why you're going to love this recipe
A family favourite, these fritters are perfect as a quick lunch, or in the lunchbox.
- full of veggies, zucchinis, carrots and peas
- easy to make, one bowl mixing
- quick and easy to fry
- yummy flavour thanks to the dill
- gluten free
- perfect for freezing
- great hot or cold
What goes into the recipe
don’t forget to scroll to the recipe card for quantities and the full method
- rice flour- I love rice flour in fritters because not only is it gluten free, but it also helps to absorb the moisture from the zucchini and carrot and hold them together. It basically gives structural integrity to fritters, more so than any other type of flour.
- cheese- I've used grated tasty cheese because I buy it in a big block.
- dried dill- dill is what makes these fritters so yummy. It's such an underrated herb, but when used it something like these fritters it really comes into its own. I dry my own, because it's the one herb I manage to grow really well.
How to make this recipe
- first grate your veggies and cheese (image 1)
- combine all the ingredients except the oil and mix well (images 2 and 3)
- place tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the frypan (image 4)
- fry until golden then flip (image 5)
- drain on paper towel. (image 6)
Expert Tips and FAQs
My top tip for fritters like these zucchini, carrot and pea ones is to not over mix. You're not baking a cake!
They are great in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yes! To freeze them place them on a tray and freeze until solid. Then transfer to containers or ziploc bags.
Nor am I! But I love rice flour in fritters, it helps absorb moisture and as a result makes your fritters better. That's a win from my perspective!
More yummy fritter ideas
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Zucchini, Carrot and Pea Fritters
- 2 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup tasty cheese
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp dried dill
- olive oil for frying
- Grate the zucchini, carrot and cheese.
- Combine all ingredients except the oil and mix.
- Heat olive oil in the base of a frying pan.
- Cook tablespoonfuls of the mixture until golden.
- Do this in batches otherwise they will stew!
- Drain off the excess oil and allow to drip on kitchen towel.
- Serve hot or cold.