What’s my plan for this month? Swapping our the processed and packages for yummy (easy to make) alternatives that will hit the kids hunger on the head but that will also give them a treat or two.
How do you get on board? Well, each day I’ll be emailing you a tip of the day and recipe to try, it may be something you’ve seen before or it might be a brand new one. You can signup here.
People often ask me how I make my lunches, and I’ll be showing you all my tools and tricks so that you too can create awesome stress free yummy lunches.
Today’s recipe? Easy lemon mini muffins. This is a cheeky recipe, they are easy to make, I do them in my silicone mini muffin pan and it makes 36 mini muffins, so they go in the freezer and I pull them out the night before and pop in the lunchbox to defrost. Now, I’ve used panela as my sugar of choice to sweeten them, but feel free to switch that for whatever sugar you prefer.
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup panela
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal SRF
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, melted coconut oil and eggs in a mixer and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and flour and beat for 1 minute.
- /3 fill mini cupcake trays with the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.