These little frittatas are a lunchbox hit! Enjoy them cold in the lunchbox or hot as an easy dinner, whatever way you eat them, these noodle and veggie frittatas are super yummy and so easy to make! These are perfect for upping your lunchbox game and making something fun and different that the kids will love.
Make them in advance, they are freezer friendly and defrost perfectly, so they make life just that little bit easier! I know that kids get sick of stuff easily, so switch up your offerings but throwing these into the school lunch mix. By having stuff in the freezer and ready to go, you can keep lunches changing without heaps of effort.
The noodles used in these have no flavourings or additives, but if that doesn't bother you, you could use two packs of chicken or other flavoured noodles, depending on what your kids like. Keeping lunchboxes simple, easy to make and fun is part of our goal here at kidgredients! If you're avoiding soy, then these would taste just as yummy with sweet chilli.
These are perfect for kids who love noodles as it means they are getting noodles, but without the mess- have you ever seen kids slurping noodles? There goes the washing regime for the week! No mess noodles is certainly speaking my language. I love popping veggies in them too- just for that little bit of extra goodness- and when they are eating something this yummy...they tend not to notice it (or not complain).
Love the lunchbox? It's a yumbox original- what I use for my kids both 5 and 7. If you're worried it won't contain enough for your kids...then check out this post.
Noodle and veggie frittatas
- 2 cakes of dried instant noodles I used ayam brand
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsps corn kernels
- 2 slices ham cut into strips
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray a 12 hole muffin pan with oil.
- Put the noodle cakes in boiling water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain, break up and cut into mangeable lengths.
- Whisk the eggs, soy sauce, zucchini, corn and ham together in a jug.
- Pour the mix over the noodles.
- Divide the noodle mix between the holes of the muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.