I knew that yesterday was going to be crazy. I had to collect the turkey and ham and get some of the not-completely-last-minute christmas stuff. So I needed to make a quick and easy dinner that could cook itself whilst I was running errands with the two mini kidgredients.
I had a big batch of tomatoes that I turned into sugo into morning. You can find the recipe for my sugo here. The smell of the tomatoes bubbling away on the stove was intoxicating. A quick consult of my freezer offered up chicken wings and that's about it!
So I decided to combine the two, to create yummy summer worthy chicken wings using the best of summer produce. I served it on a bed of pearl couscous, but you can sub rice, risoni, couscous, whatever you feel like. The beauty of this is that there is so much flavour in the sauce, you don't have to do much else.
Here are my other famous chicken wings recipes:
- Crunchy baked chicken wings with balsamic honey glaze
- Lemon and oregano baked chicken wings
- Slow cooker sticky chicky wings
- 1.5 kgs chicken wings
- 3 cups
- tomato sugo
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced lengthways in quarters then cut into wedges approx 2cm thick
- olive oil
- fetta cheese 100grams
- Chop the chicken wings into three pieces.
- Shallow fry the chicken wings in a few tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown.
- Pop the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with the sugo.
- Turn the slow cooker on low for 7 hours.
- After 6 hours add the zucchini to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle fetta cheese over your rice/quinoa/couscous/pasta and top with the chicken and zucchinis.