The chicken wing. It's literally my favourite thing to eat. If there was nothing else left on the planet except chicken wings, I'd be fine. I'd be more than fine- I'd be super happy! These crunchy baked chicken wings with balsamic honey glaze are my latest thing. They are so yummy.
You might think that putting a glaze on baked chicken wings causes them to go soggy, but that couldn't be further than the truth. Honey helps anything to crisp up and the combination with the balsamic means they become sticky, yummy and super crunchy.
These are perfect for a weeknight meal and even awesome as an appetiser for a crowd. Perfect for parties too, as you basically mix, shake, bake, glaze, eat. It couldn't be simpler, there are no fancy ingredients in these crunchy baked chicken wings with balsamic honey glaze!
Serve them with whatever you like, but they are particularly good with these amazing sweet potato fries and are pretty awesome with mini potato puffs and some extra veggies! They taste pretty good the next day for lunches too.
Also with chicken wings being super cheap, they are a budget-busting protein and one that is often overlooked. Can I sing their praises more loudly? I think not!
If you're thinking your kids won't like the glaze, think again, the honey cancels out the vinegary taste and just makes them so delicious! As an example: Master 5 didn't even need sauce. And that's a big thing!
Thinking of more ideas to serve chicken wings to your kids? I got you covered. Check these recipes below:
- Lemon and oregano baked chicken wings
- Slow cooker sticky chicky wings
- Summer slowcooker chicken wings
Crunchy baked chicken wings with balsamic honey glaze
- 1.5 kgs chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- olive oil
- 2 tbsps honey
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut your wings into 3 pieces (or two if you are using the niddlers).
- Combine the flour, garlic powder and herbs in a large container with a lid (I used my tupperware marinating dish you could also use a large ziplock bag).
- Add the chicken to the container and SHAKE!
- Lay the chicken pieces out on an oven tray and space them out. I used two trays.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
- To make the glaze heat the honey and balsamic vinegar together until the honey is runny (I used my microwave. Add the garlic.
- Pull the wings out of the oven and baste with the glaze.
- return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot!