Everyone loves tabouli, but a lot of people I know actually have never made it. It’s crazy, because it’s a cheap and simple salad to make and it tastes great!
Now. I have to be honest. Both of the mini kidgredients flat out refused to eat this. The Big one tried it and then said no as it contained tomato (which she apparently doesn’t eat this week). The little one appears to have become new food phobic. I will try it again with them, but it just wasn’t worth pushing it.
But, we loved it and I think it will become one of the salads that I offer to take to BBQs from now on. Especially as it would travel really well.
- 1 bunch parsley flat leaf, chopped
- ½ a bunch of mint chopped
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 4 to matoes diced
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup burghul cracked wheat
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp sumac
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine the water, burghul, oil, lemon juice and sumac in a bowl. Leave to soak 30 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add the tomatoes, mint and parsley and spring onions. Mix well to combine.