So, every now and then I set my kids up with a ploughman style box, for going to the park, for afternoon tea and even for lunch if that's what they feel like. The problem is, most of the crackers on the market contain undesirables and the most of the ones you can make are impossibly hard and involve rest times and all sorts of dramas. I've found that off putting when making crackers myself! That's where these wholemeal and healthy seeds lavosh come in!
These wholemeal and healthy seeds lavosh are designed not just for kids though, they make an awesome addition to a cheese platter for entertaining and can hold their own against store bought crackers anyday. If you're like me, they will also make a yummy lunch for the days when it's not going to happen to be having lunch sitting down as they are great for eating on the go.
And I'm not going to stop singing their praises there, they are packed with yummy seeds that are healthy, no refined sugar, no yeast and are 50% wholemeal, so much better than jatz! If you're thinking, "she's crazy, I can't make crackers", think again, no cutting, no trouble to roll and no waiting time or difficult steps.
Here they are in a snack box for the kids!
And as a final bit: almost none left..the kids keep raiding the container- they are being eaten so quickly! Try these, I promise you'll love them. And if you don't, post them to me...because I'm almost out.
Wholemeal and healthy seeds lavosh
- 125 grams white flour
- 125 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 60 mls olive oil
- 135 mls lukewarm water
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a jug stir together the wet ingredients.
- Combine and mix with a spoon until you have a shaggy dough.
- Transfer to a flat surface and knead 2-3 minutes.
- The dough will be smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece on baking paper or a silpat liner until super thin- covering a large baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, break up.