This witches brew breakfast smoothie may look spooky, but it’s super yummy, dairy free and full of good stuff! It’s also not too hard to make! But it looks super impressive.
I made these for a bit of fun and used the cookies cutter I bought at Coles to cut out the bat shapes. They look like they take hours of work, right but the main time spent making them is the time they sit in the fridge while the chia seeds are absorbing the coconut milk.
We don’t really do Halloween Downunder, but it is becoming more popular and that means that people are looking for Halloween treats. This witches brew breakfast smoothie isn’t really a treat- in fact it’s super healthy!
It’s a fun way to bring some spooktacular fun to your Halloween! If you’re looking for something a bit more treat like, try these delicious chocolate swamp monsters!
What are the benefits of chia seeds?
- they provide a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids
- they contain fibre, which helps to fill you up- and empty you out 😉
- they are a source of protein
- they are high in vitamins and minerals such iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium
What other ways can we use chia seeds?
- use them to top cereals, or porridge
- pop them in bread such as these no knead chia wholemeal rolls
- make jam with them like this easy peasy strawberry and chia seed jam
- use them in crunchy bites like these coconut crunch bites
You could actually make these smoothies the night before and as long as you cover them in the fridge they will be fine. This is not a freezer friendly recipe.
Witches brew breakfast smoothie
- 270 ml can light coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 cup water
- Place ½ of the chia seeds in each glass.
- Divide ¾ cup of coconut milk between the two glasses.
- Mix and leave to sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Cut the kiwi fruit in bat shapes and place in the glass on top of the chia seed mix.
- Blend the blackberries, banana and kiwi dregs with the water and remainder of the coconut milk.
- Pour on top of the chia seed mix and serve.