‘Tis the season to eat lots and lots of cranberries! I wish I had a source for frozen proper cranberries, I’ll have to try harder to find them as I love the tartness of cranberries and I’m glad to say my daughter does too. My son, not so much, but I’m working on him. My daughter and I made these baked cranberry yoghurt donuts together- they are simple enough for kids to help with as they have lots of simple measuring.
Did you know that I’m a little obsessed with taking stuff that should be fried and baking it? If you hadn’t noticed, then you should probably check out these blueberry yoghurt donuts and also these parmesan chicken meatballs, two posts that totally prove my theory that everything you fry can probably be baked instead.
These donuts are freezer friendly and because there is no extra added sugar in them…well donuts for breakfast! They would be perfect for snacking on Christmas morning, as you unwrap presents and can easily be made the night before or even the week before and defrosted.
Now if you’re thinking the cranberries will be too tart for you, you can pop in a teaspoon or two of sugar, but don’t go overboard as the cranberries are sweetened too!
Here’s a tip though, make sure you melt the coconut oil, have it hot, or it will seize as you add it to the chilled yoghurt!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. 355F
- Combine the flour and baking powders together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Combine the oil, yoghurt, vanilla paste and egg in a jug and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Combine quickly with a spatula, it doesn't have to be perfect!
- Stir through the blurberries.
- Spoon into the donut mould.
- Bake at 180/355F degrees for 16 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 109mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 4g