You know, blueberries are cheaper than strawberries right now! That means…I can bake with blueberries! My daughter absolutely loves blueberries and so do I…and who doesn’t love donuts? These bakedblueberry yoghurt donuts are healthier than normal donuts, baked not fried and contain no added sugar.
If you are wondering why donuts are such a hit with kids….well I think it’s because you only need to use one finger to eat them! My daughter puts them on like a ring and then eats them. It’s quite fun to watch. I intentionally didn’t ice these donuts, because nobody needs icing running all over hands whilst eating!
Now because these are added sugar free you can have donuts for breakfast! YEP I said donuts for breakfast!! What kid wouldn’t love that idea? When you bake donuts, you have a messy side and pretty side, because the pretty side all moulds to the tin, whereas the other is a bit rough and ready, so don’t worry if they come out of the pan a bit lumpy.
These donuts also freeze really well and are awesome in the lunchbox! I’ve already had new requests for them as I sent a few into my daughter’s new teacher…which means a few disappeared more quickly than anticipated.
If you want to, you can easily make a double batch of these, but I only have a donut mould that makes 6! So double it if you have a 12! But don’t leave this dough sitting around waiting on the bench while you make one set in a six mould, as it won’t work out as well.
Want more of these donuts recipes? Try these other recipes I have for you:
- Baked cranberry yoghurt donuts, no added sugar
- Apple cinnamon baked donuts- no added sugar!
- Sweet potato baked donuts with orange icing
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 150 grams blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. 355F
- Combine the flour and baking powders together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Combine the oil, yoghurt, vanilla paste and egg in a jug and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Combine quickly with a spatula, it doesn't have to be perfect!
- Stir through the blurberries.
- Spoon into the donut mould.
- Bake at 180/355F degrees for 16 minutes
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 107mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 4g