I decided a fortnight ago to Facebook live one of my favourite recipes, yoghurt dough scrolls. I love making scrolls and they are a super efficient way to fill your freezer as they make stacks of scrolls and are really easy to make. These chorizo and cheese yoghurt dough scrolls have been made over and over again at Kidgredients HQ and are a firm favourite.
If the mere thought of chorizo has you screaming “my kids won’t eat thaaaaaaat!!!” then please, take a moment and let me explain. I thought my kids wouldn’t eat it either. It’s one of my favourite ways to sausage, but a lot of things that I hold dear…like chorizo…don’t fit with what my kids want…BUT. And it’s a big BUT, they love it. They tried it for the first time at the meat wholesalers that we visit and it was love at first bite…serious, romantic unbridled love. It’s spicy, but it’s yummy and the spice directly complements plainer things like yoghurt dough and cheese because it just makes everything around it taste totally amazing.
So if you’re wondering about how difficult these are to make, check out my facebook live video where I show you exactly how to make them! It’s really simple and once you have the technique, you can fill them with whatever takes your fancy.
These are freezer friendly, extra tasty and perfect for the lunchbox. You can’t go past something that just needs to defrosting overnight in the lunchbox in the fridge and tastes as good as it did when it was baked.
Check out these other popular dough scrolls I made:
- Spinach yoghurt dough, 3 ingredients
- Enriched, even better yoghurt dough scrolls
- Star pizzas, made with spinach yoghurt dough
Chorizo and cheese yoghurt dough scrolls
- 1 cup plain yoghurt greek style
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 chorizo sausage chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the yoghurt and flour in a bowl and mix together until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out until about 5mm thick.
- Cut through the middle to make two large rectangles.
- Down the short edge of each rectangle, layer the chorizo then the cheese.
- Roll from the covered edge to make a large filled sausage.
- Cut into 2cm rounds.
- Place on a lined tray into the preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes at 180 degrees.