When I first started my blog, I had an amazing guest post from Juliette Francois that basically rocks. It's about cloud jellies. They have been a frequent addition to our lunchboxes since Juliette shared her method with us. But now, I'm sharing you my hack: even easier mixed berry cloud jellies.
I've been having fun in the kitchen making some videos lately, you can check out the one for these here:
Why do kids love cloud jellies? Well, they are jelly. Enough said right? So why should adults love them? When made with good quality gelatin, good quality yoghurt (I make my own...find out how here!) and just fruit as a sweetener they are a healthy treat that helps to satisfy hungry little humans at lunch. There's no refined sugar in these, so you aren't giving kids a sugar high, instead you are helping them power through to the last bell with some extra protein and the health benefits of gelatin.
If your kids can't eat all of these in a few days, then you can freeze them and they hold their shape when defrosted in the fridge ready to go in the lunchbox.
Now, if you get into the cloud jellies and love them...you can try this blueberry cloud jelly cheesecake!
Even easier mixed berry cloud jellies
- 2 cups greek yoghurt
- 2 cups mixed berries frozen
- 3 tbsps gelatin
- 50 mls water
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Allow the berries to defrost either in the fridge or on the bench.
- Add the gelatin to the water and whisk to dissolve.
- Add the berries and the yoghurt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the gelatin and water mix to the yoghurt and berry mix. Add the lemon juice. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour into moulds or trays and allow to set for 4 hours.
- De mould or cut into squares.