Honey Lime Chicken Drumsticks are so easy to make, taste delicious and work in the air fryer or the oven! These kId-friendly chicken drumsticks are perfect for weeknight meals and the tangy but sweet coating really helps to make chicken drumsticks taste really yummy. Get them done in under 40 MINUTES in the airfryer or 60 minutes in the oven. Only 6 ingredients!
Why you're going to love this recipe
Chicken drumsticks for kids can be so bland, but not these honey lime drumsticks! These have got a pop of extra flavour- honey and lime combine to make them virtually irresistible!
Here's why you're going to love this recipe:
- easy to crumb, no fancy dredging
- delicious sticky glaze
- classic flavours of honey and lime
- easy to make for weeknight dinners
- airfry or oven bake
- perfect with Yummy, easy fried rice, or Best ever rainbow pasta salad
What goes into the recipe
- chicken drumsticks- try to buy free range. You only need 8 to serve four.
- breadcrumbs, your choice, normal, gluten free, sourdough, whatever you prefer!
- honey- I warm mine a little before adding to the mixture.
- limes- you need the juice of two and the zest of one
- garlic- you need a good amount of garlic in this recipe to make it zing
How to make this recipe
- Coat the drumsticks in the breadcrumbs
- Follow the oven or air fryer instructions to cook.
- Mix the honey, lime juice, lime zest and garlic together. Use this to baste the chicken.
Expert Tips and FAQs
- These are quick and easy to make in the airfryer !
This is a quick crumb and doesn't need it.If you pat your chicken dry, it will stick!
Please don't. It will be soggy and unpleasant and then you'll probably come back and leave me a mean comment saying just that.
Sure but it won't have the same tang!
Kids love chicken drumsticks because they can hold them in their hand, they are easy to eat and they are great for adding flavour too. Kid friendly drumsticks the whole family will eat are so easy when you follow this recipe!
More Chicken recipes kids will love
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Honey Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 100 grams breadcrumbs of your choice I used frozen sourdough crumbs
- juice of two limes
- zest of one lime
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 85 grams honey warmed slightly (I used raw honey because that's what I had)
- oil of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Roll the drumsticks in the breadcrumbs to coat them completely
- Put some oil under the drumsticks in a baking dish, then put them on top, drizzling with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes, then turn them and bake for a further 20.
- Combine the honey, lime juice, lime zest and garlic in a jug.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and using half of the liquid, baste the top of the chicken.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, turn the chicken and baste with the rest of the liquid.
- Bake a further ten minutes.
Air fryer instructions
- Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Cook at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 10 minutes.
- Baste with the honey mixture.
- Cook 5, baste again.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and serve