I've got one mini kidgredient who won't eat unmarinated meat. I've got another mini kidgredient who won't eat anything with any sort of marinade. So what to do? They both like schnitzel, so I'm testing the limits here. These honey lime chicken drumsticks are so yummy though!
Personally, I'm not a total fan of drumsticks...unless they've got some extra flavour. These have got that extra flavour- honey and lime combine to make them virtually irresistible! Do they look a little black to you? They are caramelised as the honey burns a little in the oven. my kids love these so much they've requested them in their lunch wraps today.
Crunchy and sticky ticks all the boxes here. Serve them with some roast veggies (you've got the oven on) or even some zucchini chippies. They are also really yummy with a salad, or even fried rice.
We had this for dinner on Thursday night. The kids quite literally licked their plates. Miss A ate 3 drumsticks...I only had two! That's always the sign of a good meal to me.
UPDATE: 20/07/2016 I've redone the photos to these, and the kids still love them! They are one of their favourites.
If your looking for some chicken recipes, you can try these on your own:
- Crunchy baked chicken wings with balsamic honey glaze
- Chicken and veggie baked spring rolls
- Lemon and oregano baked chicken wings
Honey lime chicken drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup breadcrumbs of your choice I used frozen sourdough crumbs
- juice of two limes
- zest of one lime
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 4 tablespoons honey warmed slightly (I used raw honey because that's what I had)
- oil of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Roll the drumsticks in the breadcrumbs to coat them completely
- Put some oil under the drumsticks in a baking dish, then put them on top, drizzling with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes, then turn them and bake for a further 20.
- Combine the honey, lime juice, lime zest and garlic in a jug.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and using half of the liquid, baste the top of the chicken.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, turn the chicken and baste with the rest of the liquid.
- Bake a further ten minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the oven!
- Serves 4.