This super simple lemon weetbix slice is the perfect way to use up the rest of that box of weetbix that is sitting in the pantry. This amazing treat is perfect for the lunchbox or for afternoon tea and is super quick to make, you can get it ready in only 30 minutes. Iced and delicious you are missing out if you don't give this one a try! This lemon slice has all the classic flavours of lemon slice, and a bit of extra crunchy from the weetbix in the base.
Why you're going to love this recipe
So, lemon slice has been something I've always loved, so I decided to play with the weetbix on the bench and make a lemon slice to hide them!
Here's why you're going to love this recipe:
- You don't need a food processor, or a blender to make these and if you're not hiding the weetbix from the kids when making it...you can get them to crush up the weetbix for you.
- classic lemon slice flavour
- easy to make- ready in 30 minutes
- deliciously sticky and crunchy
- iced quickly and easily
- freezes well- even with the icing
- it's perfect as an afternoon treat or a mum pick me up around 11 with a cup of coffee
- great in the lunchbox
- perfect for sharing
I know, a lot of you are probably thinking I've lost my mind, I mean, there is sugar in the icing. Actual real sugar. But let's pause for a sec. We eat a lot of healthy food. Like 9/10ths of what we eat is healthy...and everyone needs a treat now and then. The base of this is actually incredibly tasty on it's own- so you could just stop there.
But the icing on lemon crunch slice is what makes it super yummy. So please, don't hold it against me! The kids love it, I love it and I'm sure you will too! It's perfect as an afternoon treat or a mum pick me up around 11 with a cup of coffee! It's also a great dessert. Can you tell I'm trying to justify all the times I've eaten it?
Lovin' this recipe with the touch of lemon? I've got more recipes below on how you can add lemon to your kid's snacks:
Lemon Weetbix Slice
- 100 g butter
- 70 g rice malt syrup (approx 3 tbsps)
- 80 g shredded coconut (one cup)
- 3 weetbix crushed
- 115 g rolled oats (one cup)
- 125 g white plain flour (¾ cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- zest of one lemon
- 25 g butter (2 tbsps)
- 130 g icing sugar sifted (1 cup)
- zest of half a lemon
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine the butter and rice malt syrup an heat until melted together.100 g butter, 70 g rice malt syrup
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl80 g shredded coconut, 3 weetbix, 115 g rolled oats, 125 g white plain flour, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, zest of one lemon
- Add the butter and rice malt syrup and mix well.100 g butter, 70 g rice malt syrup
- Press into the base of a square cake tin (20 by 20cm)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together until smooth.25 g butter, 130 g icing sugar
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix together.zest of half a lemon, 2 tbsps lemon juice
- Spread across the top and sprinkle with coconut.20 g desiccated coconut
- Allow to set before slicing into squares.