Meatballs are a winner at Kidgredients HQ. Why? Because they are bite sized yumminess and they are so versatile, that they can be used in an absolute myriad of ways! These mini sweet and savoury baked pork meatballs don’t disappoint in any way…and you wait till I tell you how they’ve been eaten here!
So…how have they been eaten? Well, in lettuce wraps as you see above, in rice paper rolls with veggies, noodles and kecap manis and in wraps! They are literally that good! because of the asian flavours in them, they work really well with crunch, but I could imagine they’d also be really yummy as the protein in a noodle salad such as this one. Basically, you are limited only by your imagination with these little balls of yumminess!
Master 3 is notoriously disinterested in new things and even he got excited about these! If you’re looking for lunchbox items, they would be perfect on skewers with cucumber and carrot, otherwise they are pretty fabulous in rice paper rolls.
Baking these mini meatballs means they have far less fat in them than if they were fried and it also means they are quick and easy to do with a couple of mini muffin trays. Clean up is super simple too- just pop the trays in the dishwasher…and what meatballs? 😉
Check out these other meatball recipes I made:
- Parmesan chicken basil baked meatballs
- Cheesy chicken meatballs in cherry tomato pasta sauce
- Thai turkey curry meatballs with sweet potato noodles, gluten and dairy free!
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp sweet soy, kecap manis
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsps coriander
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the mince, coriander, garlic and sauces in the bowl of a food processor.
- Blitz until all combined.
- With wet hand, roll the mixture into small balls.
- Put the balls into greased mini muffin holes.
- Spray with oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 34mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 4g