Deliciously decadent and sweet, these Double Chocolate Raspberry Mini Loaves are mixed in one bowl and so easy to make! Perfect for freezing and great as a dessert, afternoon snack or morning tea.
Why you're going to love these mini loaves
Quick and easy to mix, these mini loaves are delicious! You're going to love them because:
- mix in one bowl for the ultimate easy clean up
- use berries from frozen- no need to defrost
- double chocolate for a super yummy treat
- kid friendly- what kid doesn't love chocolate?
- freezer friendly- they defrost perfectly
- versatile- make them as muffins instead
- unbelievable texture thanks to a secret ingredient
What goes into the recipe
don’t forget to scroll to the recipe card for quantities and the full method
- SOUR CREAM! It's the secret ingredient that makes these have such an amazing texture. Make sure you use a full fat version, otherwise it is a lot thinner.
- double chocolate- cocoa and chocolate chips. I use nestle cocoa powder and the chocolate chips are from costco.
- raspberries - use them from frozen for the ultimate convenience, they will also hold their shape better in the mini loaves this way.
- coconut oil- I use this instead of butter, you can use butter if you prefer, or any light flavoured oil.
How to make this recipe
One bowl mixing makes them so easy!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- All of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine! (images 1, 2, 3)
- Pour into 10 silicone mini loaf pans. (Image 4)
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Expert Tips and FAQs
I'm all about easy, quick recipes and this one is just that! Top tips:
- don't overmix these double chocolate raspberry mini loaves, much like muffins, you don't want to overmix them as it will cause them to be dense and unpleasant.
- you don't have to make these in mini loaf pans, they also work well as muffins and should make 15, keep an eye on the timings if you do make them as muffins as they will probably take a little less time.
I use dark chocolate chips because the flavour really works well with the raspberries.
In the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container.
On a tray until solid and then move to a container. They will store for up to 3 months.
It is flour that already contains baking powder. If you don't have it locally, you can use 2 tsps of baking powder for each cup of plain flour.
Sour cream makes these loaves so much moister and softer than had I just used milk. It makes them much more moist and delicious.
More delicious chocolate treats
Why don't you subscribe to my newsletter, or follow along on Facebook and Instagram? If you make something from the blog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it really makes my day to see what you've been making!
Double Chocolate Raspberry Mini Loaves
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together to combine. Put into silicone mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Makes 10.