When it comes to lunchboxes, it is tricky to get enough veggies into the kids. This rainbow veggie slice is designed to help with that! It’s also gluten free!
There are only so many veggies we can cram into dinner time. Trust me: I’ve tried. You need to try and space your veggie offerings out across the day so as to get more into the kids and make dinnertime less stressful.
The best thing about something like this rainbow veggie slice is that it involves no precooking of the veggies and it is quick and easy to make. I do it in a loaf pan because I like the way it slices. The shape is also fabulous for lunches.
This is a make and freeze kind of recipe, you won’t be eating it all at once, so why not slice it up and freeze to make lunches easier another day? It’s all about making things easier!
And it’s absolutely packed with our favourite veggies. You can mix them up a bit, swap them out for others that you love, or make it as is. Just try to keep the volume of veggies the same.
If you want to reheat this for breakfast or dinner, it’s perfect for that (just think, if you have it for breakfast you’ve basically ticked all your veggie goals for the day already!)! I like to do slices in the sandwich press. It’s also awesome cold for a picnic!
It’s an amazing way to clear out the fridge of any veggies that are getting a little sad and create something yummy at the same time. You can also experiment with different cheese- I’ve used cheddar, but fetta has happened before and is super yummy.
Want more egg recipes?
- try our number one recipe: sweet potato and zucchini strata bake
- or these awesome eggy quinoa cups that are perfect for grab and go breakfasts.
- or these crustless bacon and broccoli quiches
So grab your loaf pan, crank up your oven and cook this beauty this evening!
Rainbow veggie slice
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 small yellow capsicum diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 head of broccoli florets only
- Extra grated cheese for on top
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Whisk the eggs until well whisked, by hand.
- Combine all the chopped veggies and cheese into a loaf pan and mix together.
- Pour the egg mix over the top.
- Add extra grated cheese
- Bake at 200 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a plate.