I get so many requests for gluten free lunchbox options, and if you're one of the people requesting them...I hear you! I've pulled together this list from the blog that should help you to get some baking done for your lunchboxes and get some extra goodies happening. You don't need to be limited to the "free from" section of the supermarket if you are armed with some awesome recipes to get you going. These 7 gluten free lunchbox items kids will love are guaranteed to please!
- Baked mini meatballs. Not only are these gluten free but they are also dairy free and are packing a good protein for lunches. But don't let their lunchboxness fool you. These little balls of yum are awesome with pasta (gluten free of course) and great in a wrap as a meatball sub.
- Apple and pear muffin bites. These were one of my first ever gluten free recipes, and they are still a favourite here at Kidgredients HQ. They freeze really well and retain their moisture even after defrosting.
- No green stuff veggie slice. This slice has become a staple in the freezer at Kidgredients because it's lunchbox or afternoon tea perfection. If nothing else, it's getting a veggie and protein hit into the kids, so you're onto a winner.
- Popcorn crackles. There's no fun in a lunchbox if it doesn't have a sweet treat. These popcorn crackles are the perfect sweet treat. Healthy, yummy and reminiscent of a naughty bake stall favourite- the chocolate crackle, these are a great gluten free snack that will vanish from the fridge.
- Egg wraps sushi style. These egg wraps replace bread and make easy wraps a reality on a gluten free diet. Cooking them in coconut oil gives them a lovely flavour and they are ready to fill as you will.
- Sweet potato and apple fritters. If you love sweet potato, prepare to love it even more after trying it in these fritters. I subscribe fully to the theory that everything tastes better as a fritter, and these prove that point!
- Very berry muffins. Yummy berry filled muffin to fill up the sweet spot in a lunchbox. Freezer friendly, soft and delicious with a coconut undertone, they are so good that's it's hard to stop at one!
Got a request? Need dairy free food? After fast dinners? Let me know!