Bliss balls, they are everywhere, you can buy them in the supermarket (they are really expensive) and you can purchase them with your morning coffee at delis and cafes. Again they are really expensive there too! So why not make your own? They are quick and easy to make, they require no baking and they are easy to store. These apple pie oat bliss balls are also nut free which means they are school friendly!
Why apple pie? Well, they contain all the flavours of apple pie as they have cinnamon and nutmeg in them, making them a taste that pops in your mouth with apple pie-ness. These little bliss balls hold really well together and are going to last at least a week in the fridge, if they don’t all get eaten the minute you make them! You could freeze them for longer term storage as well and they will easily keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Just be sure to defrost in the fridge the night before or they will still be frozen!
If you dry your own apple, you can use it in these, otherwise use store bought. With only 5 ingredients, you really can’t find an easier no bake treat for lunchboxes. They are yummy at afternoon tea as a quick snack when you get home from school too, so great to have in the fridge.
You’ll notice in the photos that the oats don’t look completely processed- I saved half to stir through before molding, to add crunch. It’s entirely up to you if you want to do something similar!
Want more apple recipes? I have here my other suggestions:
- Apple cinnamon baked donuts- no added sugar!
- Apple pie yoghurt dough scrolls
- Brown sugar apple slice -a kid favourite for afternoon tea
- 1 cup apple dried rings, push them down in the cup!
- 12 medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes then pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and process until sticky.
- With wet hands, roll into little bitesize balls.
- Makes 20.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Protein: 1g